Monday 20 August 2012

My Tanning Routine

*waves*

So it's no secret that I'm a tanorexic, I'm obsessed with fake tans and being bronzed. That orange goo/foam/slop makes me weak at the knees. And let's face it, when applying fake tan, we contort our bodies into acrobatic positions we didn't think were possible! :)

Here is my tanning routine, because I get asked from time to time how I do it:

I try to dedicate half an hour in the evening to the process. I take a shower, exfoliate really well and de-fuzz (CHARMING!). After my shower, I moisturise my knees, tops of my feet, elbows, my hands, and the tops of my arms (dry skin). I use this lotion because it sinks in quickly and acts as a good barrier for the tan.





After the lotion has sunk in, I take my St Moriz in the colour DARK (I use MEDIUM if I want just a slight glow), pump a squidge onto the mitt and apply. I start with my arms and back because they're the hardest parts and they take the longest to dry. I swish it on in circular motions until it's well rubbed in. Then I do my tummy and legs. When tanning the dodgy areas (elbows, feet, knees) I wait until I only have remnants on the mitt and barely graze over the area. When I'm all done, I take whatever's left on the mitt and sweep it over the tops of my hands and onto my fingers of both hands. Then very quickly swipe the mitt in between my fingers and across the inside of my wrist. This works great for preventing those tell-tale tan streaks!





I then wait for 5-10 minutes doing the naked dance (very sexual) and then I hop into my amazingly sensual tiger print onesie:

                                                                      RARRR!



This prevents too much of the tan getting onto the bedsheets. Off to bed with me and when I get up in the morning I have a VERY brief shower to wash off the guide colour. I use a soft sponge, lather it up well, and gently sponge off the top layer. After my shower I moisturise really well. I recommend Palmers Cocoa Butter. Smells delish and deeply moisturises!

TIP: I've seen this body butter for sale in Boots/Tesco for up to NINE EURO! If you pop into Penneys you can nab it for just €3.50!



This is generally enough to provide me with a decent and healthy glow but if I want a darker tan I skip the Palmers and repeat the above again. (from 'After my shower, I moisturise my knees, tops of my feet' etc onwards)

This is my tanning routine, from start to finish. I have an entirely different routine if I'm going on a night out, where I use instant tan for photographs! I'll post that routine another time!

Have you any tips or tricks to share?


Laura

x

1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying your Blogs very much! Keep up the good word :)
    I am newish too, waiting for inspiration to bit my ass! Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete